Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 20, 2012

Rockin' Rupert

There's just something about a guy with a guitar...how true that is! And for Rupert there is no excepetion to that...well other than he is a dragon there isn't...hehe. But he has that certain something too...jammin' away in this Rupert Plays Rock stamp from Stamping Dragon Designs. I saw this stamp and couldn't resist! And I knew I had the perfect sentiment to go with it from Ginger's House! It was a match made in stamper's heaven...ahhh! I love it when a plan come together...haha! The paper I used for this card was from the Cafe Pigalle Cardmaking Pack also available at SDD. I only used one of the papers for my background but blocked it out and turned the stripes in different directions to give it some interest. I love using this method! And the scalloped square behind Rupert is another paper from same said collection. Very pretty colors! You should really check it out! There are several other papers I didn't use and also elements in the pack. This collection could be used for scrapbooking just as easily if one would be so inclined. 
I used my Prismacolor pencils with OMS method to color Rupert and his awesome guitar in. Added some linen thread from Stampin' Up and some star brads from Joann Fabric's and he was ready to roll (Rock and Roll that is)hehe. 
This card is my DT card for Challenge #2. The info for this challenge is included below. As always, thanks for stopping by and until next time...take care.


CHALLENGE 2.....ANYTHING GOES

This time around we thought we would make it easy on everyone and decided to do an Anything Goes Challenge. Our Sponsor is





If your looking for cute and whimsy you need to check out Di's store which you can find here.
The winner of this challenge will get a Gift Certificate for $10 from Di's Digi Downloads store.  Please don't forget that Stamping Dragon Designs is offering a Second prize of 1 digi image from their store and a guest design team spot for one challenge.  In order to win the second prize you MUST use an image from Stamping Dragon Designs . 


5 comments:

Katie Butler said...

Hello Ruth. Great job on this card. You're right, the sentiment goes perfect with that image. Terrific combo!

downrightcrafty said...

Don't you just love these lovely little dragons, and this card is gorgeous
Hugs Kate xx

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with the papers. Great touch. Cute card too.

Hugs,
Beth

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Ruth, your card is gorgeous! I love your coloring and shading on the image. Hugs xx

Cheryl First said...

Wonderful rockin' card! I love the stripes in different directions on your bg paper! Super job!