Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 23, 2011

Stamping Dragon Design DT Call

Outside

Inside
Yep, that's right...this particular card was created with the hope of becoming a Design Team Member. Woohoo! So a lot is riding on this baby...hopes, dreams and a little boost to the ego never hurt anyone...haha! But seriously I would like to have this opportunity. I like a challenge. I enjoy making projects and timeline and schedules do not scare me so I decided to jump off the edge and throw my hat in the ring...so to speak.
Let me introduce you to my newest little friend Jiggy. He likes Christmas presents...a lot of them! The call was to use this stamp in a card. What better place for a dragon than in a castle And winter time being cold and castles being drafty will require a fireplace, right. So there you have entire scene the set for you as to how this card came to be what it is today. With a little bit of this and a little bit of that, Jiggy is warming by the fire ready to open his presents. And he is saying this is the best home (card) ever!  HAHA! 
Ok, so on to the meat of it all: Jiggy was colored with copics as was the fireplace freebie created by Ike's Art. The background inside the card was a freebie, Vlads Lair template, from There She Goes Stamps that I picked up off their blog. Thought it really was appropriate. The front of my card is digital scrapbook paper by Bearly Mine Designs found here. The sentiment is a freebie from Bird's Cards. They have ton of freebies and are worth a stop by as is Bearly Mine Designs. Paper is Stampin' Up Basic Black and white from Georgia Pacific. If I left anyone/anything out, please accept my apologies.
So wish me luck and if I get it I will let you know. Thank you so much for stopping by. Comments are always appreciated. Until next time take care. 



2 comments:

Anne Temple said...

I love the castle scene you built for Jiggy. Good luck in the design team call.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is amazing, Ruth! Best of luck with the DT call. Thanks so much for stopping by during the December Paper Smooches DT Blog Hop!