Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 10, 2011

November Birthday

I made this card for my father-in-law (an avid golfer) for yep...you guessed it, his birthday. I used the November birthday circle and calender stamps from Bluebirdflats. She has also done the stamps in September and October so far and I have used both of those months to make special birthday cards also. The background paper is self-made with the Men's Golf stamp from Bee Cee Artistic. I re-seized the elements of the stamp separately and then staggered them to create the background I wanted. Then using the same stamp deleting the golf ball and copying the golf club to have a golf bag and two golf clubs to place on the front of the card. A quick text to my mother-in-law and I am able to make the golf bag the color of the one he owns and uses (it's all in the details...for me anyway). And the other details for this card are: images were colored with Copic markers, The black paper is Stampin' Up and the kraft paper is from the Paper Studio.   
Just a note: I created the backgrounds needed on the other cards I made using the Bluebirdflats stamps but unfortunately I did not get pictures before they were given away. It has been fun making my own back grounds using different elements. I'm sure it is something that I will continue to do. It's a challenge and I have enjoyed rising to. That's all for now so until next time take care.

3 comments:

Wendy Hall said...

Hi Ruth,

Just to let you know that you are a winner in our Digital Delights 12 days of Christmas. Please email me at loubyloocreations@sbcglobal.net to get your prize.
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

Hi Ruth!
You're having a good week! I'm just stopping in to let you know that you are the winner from my post at the Stamping Boutique Freestyle Blog Hop.
You can read all about it at the Challenge Blog: HERE
Thanks for visiting last weekend and congratulations!!
Stacie

yyam said...

How fun! Love that you created your own background! :)